Friday, March 14, 2008

"Nice Plates!"

I have this dream of having made all of my dishes. I'm not the only one who wants to have done that - I was talking to this other student in my ceramics class and she mentioned how it was something she was working on right now. She says she's made enough bowls and a couple of plates.

For the past few years I have been slowly working on buying hand-made serving bowls and plates, which is very expensive so, like I said, very slowly. I love when people compliment the bowl and I can say, "thanks, I got it in [insert country/state name] at [a craft fair/art show]." And since I keep kosher, I have to have two sets of everything, so you know this will be a very expensive endeavor. That's why I'd like to make my own dishes rather than buy hand made dishes if I can.

I'm just waiting for the day when someone comes over and says, "wow, nice plates!" and I say, "thanks, I made them!"

No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...