Friday, July 30, 2010

Fruit


A very short time after moving to NY someone said to me, "SOOOOooo! What's your favorite thing about living in NY so far?!!" A lot of people have high expectations for living in NY. So far, NY has been okay, but since we don't have a lot of friends here yet, we are kind of lonely and missing Chicago (at least I am!).

However, one of my favorite things about living in NY so far is the availability of delicious fresh fruit. There's the weekly farmer's market, little fruit stands, and some pretty awesome grocery stores with great fruit selections. Not all the grocery stores are awesome - in fact, I pretty much dislike grocery shopping here on the whole. It's even more stressful than grocery shopping in Israel, where I am at a language disadvantage, mostly because the grocery stores here are so small and people are pretty rude (rudeness would be okay if only we had more space to be rude in).

So, in honor of this, I am trying to eat more fruit. My summer favorites are nectarines and apricots, but maybe I will start to branch out to some more interesting fruit. I'm looking forward to the massive amounts and variety of apples this fall at the farmer's market. OHHHH the pies and crisps and cakes and all kinds of things I will make with them!

No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...