Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Hanukkah!

JewishGuy and I decided not to exchange presents this year - instead, we went to the used book store and bought some new books.  When I was growing up we always got books for Hanukkah (among other things), so it seems only fitting to splurge and buy a bunch of books all at once right before the holiday.

My new books:

"American Gods" by Neil Gaiman
"The Best of Simple" by Langston Hughes
"The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" by B. Traven
"Slapstick" by Kurt Vonnegut
"Memories of My Melancholy Whores" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

JewishGuy's books:

"Silas Marner" by George Eliot
"Exist Ghost" by Philip Roth
"The American" by Henry James
"Dead Souls" by Nicolai Gogol
"Fathers and Sons" by Ivan Turgenev

So excited!

We figured out (based on the different display tables set up in the book store) that JewishGuy mostly reads "Classics" and I mostly read "Modern Classics."  So, okay.  Now I have a label for the kind of books I like.  I don't know which I'll read first!



(Also, Happy 97th birthday, grandma!)

No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...