Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coming to a Portfolio Near You

I realized yesterday that my portfolio on my website is pretty outdated. Most of the work is years old, nothing from the past year of grad school where I have been creating a lot of small works and some larger works. Most of it is responding to things I am experiencing at my internship or at school, which is a good subject matter for me. So hopefully soon I will take some good pictures of my recent work and update my site.

This piece I made while I was struggling with the concept of working with children who either have already perpetrated sexual abuse or are likely to perpetrate (due to history of being a victim of abuse as well as having a violent behavior disorder). I was struggling with seeing them as "cute" while I worked with them and the horrifying thought of seeing their names in the news one day.


(watercolor and ink on paper)

No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...