Thursday, September 18, 2008

Why No Integration?

Just a quick rant (?) here...

I have so many different art-making projects for this semester.  I have the 10-day project using corn that I've already started (and will post more about), I have a body of work to make on shadow puppets as part of a research project, I am in a mixed media screenprinting/painting class, and I'm co-teaching a workshop on creating beads and then jewelry with those beads.

Why are they so unrelated????

It's hard for me to work on so many completely disconnected projects!  I am trying to figure out a way to make them relate to one another, but they just refuse to relate in my mind.  It would be so much easier if everything had some kind of common thread, something that would allow each aspect to build off of the other.

BUT... no.  No building for me.  Just disconnected stuff.

And I just got another idea for the 10-day project as I was writing this rant, so at least it was productive!

No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...