Monday, September 8, 2008

Switched My Studio

I switched out of Art & Spirituality today.  I have four lecturey classes and the Art & Spirituality lecture half was really the straw that broke the camel's back kind of thing.  I am excited for my new class:

Printmaking: Digital and Traditional Routes

Where traditional boundaries between media have all but disappeared, high quality digital printing and non-toxic screen printing and transfer techniques have made it possible for artists to combine mechanical reproduction and painting. This course combines printmedia's imaging processes with studio painting to create hybrid works complex in form and content. Technical demonstrations and critical discussion will drive independent projects that redefine the parameters of contemporary print and painting studio practice.

Baaaasically it's screenprinting for painters/people who want to combing different printmaking media and also combine it with painting!  Fun!

I want to write more about school here and also show pictures of art.  Also I realize I signed up for NaBloPoMo so I better get on the posting wagon.  Unfortunately I am already woefully behind in my reading and assignments, so I am going to try to catch up with that a little bit.

I also think I am going to write a little bit about the challenges of being more religiously observant in grad school, especially an art program, and especially life.  I think that belongs here, right?

No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...