I was kind of at a loss for today’s project. Now that I’m getting to the final days, I am seriously running out of ideas. I took the cob that I used yesterday to print from, broke it in half, and started popping out whole kernels. Then I tried to recreate the cob from the kernels only, which failed. Out of frustration, I started counting the rest to try to figure out what I could do with them, and decided it might look cool if I put numbers on the kernels (think: “Your name in a grain of rice”).
Today’s project played off of the idea of corn as a whole containing multiple pieces. Numbering the kernels was a relaxing, repetitive activity. There is a sense of accomplishment upon finishing: now I know exactly how many kernels there are in the pile. It is reminiscent of winning the “count the jelly bean” contest at a fair. For the record, there are 87 kernels glued to the paper in no particular pattern.
I don’t know if I have much to say about today’s project. I truly am feeling a mental block right now. Also, some of my older pieces - especially Day 3 - and saved materials are beginning to get very moldy and gross, which means I probably will throw them out soon. Luckily I have good photos of everything I’ve made, so even if I can’t bring them in people will be able to see what I’ve done.