Monday, December 3, 2007

You're not gonna make it

Apparently they are just opening the store on Friday - the opening party is the Friday after. So even if I delayed my flight, I won't be able to be at the party, and neither will JewishGuy, who could also represent me and my skizills. So! I just have to give them my card and hope that they will either 1) talk me up and hand out my card at the party; or 2) at least hand out my card to people who ask about the paintings.

I have mixed feelings about this. I want to be at the party because I want to be able to talk to people about my work and maybe get some more gigs. It's not that I don't trust them to give out my card, but I know there will be a lot of other things on their minds that night.

Well, in any case, this has been a lot of fun, a learning experience, some extra money and my work will still be in my portfolio for grad school.

No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...