Sunday, September 26, 2010

Doll with a goiter


  1. This is my first attempt at making a stuffed object that's supposed to look like something specific.
  2. The placement of the flower on the neck is unfortunate (someone thought it was a growth).
  3. The dress is made from hand-dyed fabric - by me!
  4. I came up with the way to sew on the yarn as hair after remembering an episode of America's Next Top Model in which several girls get hair weaves.

Soooo clearly I need some more practice with the sewing machine. Usually I do my stuffed objects by hand but this time I used a machine due to time constraints. I'm not an expert in any sense of the word. The pattern I made looked very different than this. Sigh.

My neice ("Squeaky" or "MeeMoo") liked it for about 5 seconds. It's okay, I didn't take it personally, she seems particularly attached to a little owl and also she isn't even two years old yet. Maybe, if it survives long enough, it will one day be the object of a hilarious conversation between two twelve-year-old girls, in which one of them (MeeMoo) says "I don't know, some weird doll my aunt made for me."

Ha!

It was fun, though!

Back from Boston, back to a busy three days and another three-day-chag. These marathon holidays are wearing me out!

No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...