Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finished pieces: Misc

I have a few pieces that would be each separate categories, so they all go in "misc."




This is a kind of bowl I made in a mold.  I wanted to make a real bowl but when it dried and I took it out of the mold, it balanced strangely on its side.  I decided I liked it anyway and kept that balance/shape in mind when I glazed it.  I really like this piece, but unfortunately something bad happened in the firing and there's a piece of something stuck to the side (I didn't take a picture of this).  So while I think this is one of my best pieces, I wish it didn't have that weird thing stuck to it.  Oh well.  The glaze looks neat :)



The long-awaited Shabbat lamp. :)  I don't know if I'll actually use it as a lamp, but it's neat.




These are the hanging jars.  I once again used the glaze that I thought would show of texture and instead of showing off texture it just glossed over everything.  Bah!  Never using Temoku again!  I think this came out all right but I don't think I would use them, who knows.



This was what I made to fulfill the project: "The Figure."  I like it :)  I made it out of scraps left over from another project, I was just playing around and thought, well this kind of looks like a lady!



I have no idea what this is, I just kind of made it from scraps and kept it.  A lot of the weird things that kind of looked phallic I threw away, but this one I kept.  I don't know how I feel about it.

And that's pretty much all I made this semester!

No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...