Friday, April 1, 2011

Grow Station


I bought a gro-bulb and a lamp just to keep the baby plants warm, nourished, and happy.  I read that if they don't get enough sun they get stretched out which can kill them, and baby plants need more sunlight than their adult versions, but even the adult versions probably wouldn't like the conditions inside our apartment.  So of course I rushed out and bought a bulb.

I'm going about these plants much differently than I did two summers ago when I planted the cholent mix to see what would grow.  (I never harvested, by the way, because I moved the plants downstairs to be in the sun and promptly forgot about them.)  But those plants were a self-exploration in nurturing as I was working through feelings about nurturing where I was working with children.  This is more of a hobby and a way to feel productive, so I really want to make this work this time.  Come on, little planties!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

This will be my fourth summer with a garden. Seven varieties of tomatoes, sweet dumpling squash, collards, spinach, cabbage, watermelon, basil, bunching onions, leeks, and peppers are destined for the garden around mothers' day. Don't forget to save seeds if you're growing heirlooms!

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...