Monday, October 19, 2009

Old Camera Keeps on Truckin'

Today we went to a farm for a bit of a vacation from our worries and a double date :) I was desperate for a camera and thought it couldn't hurt to pull out my old camera that I got for my birthday in 2001 that I retired in 2005/6. It's an old hp photosmart 318, 2.3 megapixels, takes 4 AA batteries, and will go from off to finish snapping a photo in about a billion years. Also the screen is really dark so we took pictures the old fashioned way: through the viewfinder and you never know what it's going to look like until you develop them (in my case, in iPhoto).

I used to be really good at taking photos with this camera. It took a lot of getting used to, specifically because of the time delay between when you push the button and when the photo is actually taken, but also because the viewfinder and the lens are not in the same place - though this is how point-and-shoot cameras used to be anyway.

However there is some quality to the way that this camera takes pictures that I didn't get on my latest camera (that just died), which I had forgotten about but now I see it again in my newer photos. Something a little old school, and for lack of a better word, it seems a little creamier. What does that mean... maybe even though the resolution is lower, it somehow seems closer to the old film cameras than my newer (dead) digital one.

(For the record, I am going to get the newer version of the one that died, maybe for my birthday............)

Anyway, the farm:



No comments:

. . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...